Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Our friends at Barclays Group Archives have traced mention of Bradford Clayton Branch in the prospectus - issued 1926 - of the Halifax Equitable Bank, which merged with the Bank of Liverpool and Martins in 1919.  Clayton first appears in the Annual Report and Accounts of the Bank of Liverpool and Martins in 1926 where it is listed as a sub branch to Bradford’s Sunbridge Road Branch. 

Sep 1.jpg

Image © Barclays 1926

Sep 1.jpg

In a newspaper advertisement from November 1926, the address of the branch is given as Central Place, Clayton.   Equitable Bank Signage framed.jpgThe branch is open for a couple of hours on three weekday mornings.  It was opened in 1926, and closed by Martins in 1932.  This is not surprising, given the sheer number of Bradford branches of the Bank.  As Clayton is closed well before the advent of Martins Bank Magazine, it is unlikely that we shall be able to find the names of anyone who worked there.

Sep 1.jpg

Title:

Type:

Address:

Index Number and District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

11-123 Bradford Clayton

Sub to 11-123 Bradford 17 Sunbridge Road

Central Place Clayton Bradford Yorkshire

612 Leeds

Mon Wed and Fri 1030-1230

No Saturday Opening

No Telephone

Counter Service Only

Mr W Barbour Manager (Sunbridge Road)

Sep 1.jpg

November 1926

13 July 1927

3 January 1928

7 March 1932

opened by the Equitable Bank

Bank of liverpool and Martins

Martins Bank Limited

Closed

Gutinfo.jpgH