Sep 1.jpg

HOME

 

WELCOME

 

NEWS

 

BRANCHES

 

GRASSHOPPERS

 

LEWISíS BANK

 

CONTACT US

 

SITE MENU

St. Mary Cray is an original Branch of Martinís Private Bank, opened in 1886. It is one of a number of outlets of the Bank scattered throughout the North Western parts of Kent.A sub-Branch to Orpington, St Mary Cray remains open until 1942, another victim of the Kennet Committeeís call upon employers to release more staff to fight in the Second World War.

In Service: 1886 until 1942

Extract from Bank of Liverpool and Martins Limited

Annual Accounts for 1923 © Barclays

Image © 1941 BT

 

After the War, the decision is taken not to reopen this branch. We havenít been able to find opening hours for later than 1913.At this point St Mary Cray is staffed two days a week by staff from Martinís Private Bank at Chiselhurst.If you can find an image of this branch, or have information or images in connection with any of 1000+ Buildings used by Martins Bank as Branch premises between 1928 and 1969, then please do get in touch with us at the usual address Ė martinsbankarchive@btinternet.com.

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Mr S E Pearman

Orpington Manager

1941 to 1946

 

 

 

Title:

Type:

Address:

Index Number and District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

11-649 St Mary Cray

Sub to 11-649 Orpington

59 High Street St Mary Cray Orpington Kent

412 London

Tue and Fri 1100-1500(as at 1913)

No Saturday Service

Orpington 311

Counter Only

Mr S E Pearman Manager (Orpington)

 

St Johnís Chapel (Co. Durham)

1886

18 December 1918

3 January 1928

1942

Opened by Martinís Private Bank

Bank of Liverpool and Martins

Martins Bank Limited

Closed

Sale (Cheshire)

 

M