Sep 1.jpg

 

 

Sep 1.jpg

A picture containing text, outdoor

Description automatically generated

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

In Service: 25 June 1959 until 1967

 

Logo

Description automatically generated with medium confidenceMartins Bank’s commitment to support agricultural customers with a wide range of banking services and facilities includes opening a new wave of cattle market, (or auction mart) branches all over the country. It doesn’t matter how small the branch accommodation, the main thing is to provide on site banking on the day of the livestock sales.  Consequently many of the Bank’s Cattle Market branches look like an array of garden sheds! 

Sep 1.jpg

The sub-branch at Acklington Auction Mart adds to the portfolio of Amble branch, which already has outlets in the villages of  Red Row and Warkworth, and in 1963 another sub-branch is added at RAF Acklington. Unfortunately, we have been unable to find any images of the Branch at Acklington Auction Mart, but we do have the original advertisement used by the Bank in the local press to announce the opening of this new service.

Images © Martins Bank Archive Collections

Alongside the advert, is the 1959 issue of FINANCE FOR FARMERS AND GROWERS, Martins Bank’s annual publication for agricutural customers.  If you can help with photographs and/or memories of this or any of Martins Bank’s 1000 branch buildings, please do get in touch with us at the usual address – gutinfo@btinternet.com.

Sep 1.jpg

 

 

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

 

LLOYDS BANK LIMITED

MARTINS BANK LIMITED

Sep 1.jpg

Title:

Type:

Address:

Index Number and District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

Martins Bank Limited 11-20-00 Acklington Auction Mart

Sub to 11-20-00 Amble

Auction Mart Acklington Northumberland

302 North Eastern

Mon to Fri 10am to 3pm

No Saturday Service

Red Row 220

Counter Service Only 

Mr J D Surtees Manager (Amble)

Sep 1.jpg

Accrington

25 June 1959

1967

Opened by Martins Bank Limited

Closed

Acklington R A F Station

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

M

Sep 1.jpg