Sep 1.jpg

A picture containing text, outdoor

Description automatically generated

Sep 1.jpg

It’s something of a tight squeeze at Martins Bank’s Caton sub-Branch.  Tacked on to the village post office in 1946, the branch is almost an after-thought, and sits (not too conveniently) right on the edge of a roundabout. On busy days, it is quite conceivable that the customers might actually have to queue round the block! 

Sep 1.jpg

Size isn’t everything however. Caton branch does a brisk business with local traders, and survives the merger with Barclays by at least thirty years…

Sep 1.jpg

 

Sep 1.jpg

In Service: 17 June 1946 until7 April 2000  

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Branch Images © Barclays Ref 0030/0579

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

 

DISTRICT BANK LIMITED

MARTINS BANK LIMITED

Sep 1.jpg

Sep 1.jpg

Title:

Type:

Address:

Index Number and District:

Hours:

 

Telephone:

Services:

Manager:

11-27-50 Caton

Sub Branch to 11-27-50 Lancaster

1 Hornby Road Caton Lancaster

215 Northern

Mon & Thu 1000-1400

No Saturday Opening

Caton 643

Counter service only

Mr E A Youdell Manager (Lancaster)

Sep 1.jpg

Castleford

17 June 1946

15 December 1969

7 April 2000

Opened by Martins Bank Limited

Barclays Bank Limited 20-47-60 Lancaster

Closed

Chatburn

Sep 1.jpg

M

Sep 1.jpg